Dear friend,
The freezing temperatures and snow continue here in Connecticut. This has been the coldest, snowiest winter we have seen here.
This month we got to celebrate Rose's birthday! I can't believe my baby is eight! We put our new basement to the test and all her classmates over for a playdate. All of Rose's older siblings helped out so we handled 20 second graders like it was nothing! We love our Rosie girl. She keeps us on our toes and keeps us laughing.
Summer teases her friends for calling suckers "lollypops so she made a sweatshirt.
The kids continue to perform at the nursing home once a month.
We enjoyed a lovely week of skiing at Gore Mountain. This is the second year in a row we have gone there and it just gets better. The kids are getting so good at skiing.
On the way home, we stopped by Pick-a-chick to bring 5 little chicks home. Smith's is named "Pigeon", Summer's is "Goose", Joy's is "Oreo", Rose's is "Penguin" and Boyd's is "Captain Cluck" (because I wouldn't let him name her "Fat Crack" or "Salmonella Sam").
One weekend my friend Katie was in town for work so we got to spend the entire day in the city together. We walked over 12 miles, ate delicious food and saw "Maybe Happy Ending" on Broadway. 


I am loving my new calling as Valiant Activities leader for the girls. We have a great group.
I got to attend Joy's flute recital and Rose's Valentine's performance at Hindley.
I was in charge of Kindness Week at Hindley. We make a kindness chain and sent home kindness kits and I did a lunchroom presentation about how to be more kind.
John Juene returned from his mission so it was great to have him and Joel over for dinner.
Boyd has been really into learning about electricity lately.
Smith completed the Book of Mormon so he and I got to go on a one-on-one trip to celebrate. It just so happened that Peter finished the Book of Mormon around the same time. He and Corie were planning a trip to Harry Potter World so the four of us celebrated together. We had a fantastic time!





Another wonderful month! We are so grateful for these kids and this wonderful life we get to share with them.
Brittany et al.
No comments:
Post a Comment