Dear friend,
Welcome to a cold, cold month. This January has been one of the coldest on record for CT. It didn't stop us from going on a little family hike on New Year's Day.
We completed our annual snapshots,
and instituted our family motto: Ericksons have SIGHT.
S: Show up: We show up in our duty and discipleship, and we are gritty when things get tough.
I: Identity: We understand our divine nature, strive to become like Jesus Christ, and pursue things of eternal worth.
G: Good-hearted: We choose kindness and forgive quickly.
H: Honest: We are honest with ourselves and others and when we make a mistake, we own it.
T: Thankful: We live in gratitude to God and express our thanks in word and deed.
I was able to sneak away one night for a little getaway with friends. I'm so grateful for their friendship.
I had my first meeting with YCLs for this summer's
Elias, Smith and Boyd made a potato cannon.
The kids had one Friday off school so we headed to DC for a temple trip and some cousin time and then headed home the next day.
Joy started her own "Mother's Helper" business and she is the talk of the town.
She really is amazing with little kids.
We experienced our first lice. I picked up Rose from school and noticed something in her hair. After identifying it as lice, I quickly went to the store to get treatment. We did the full comb-throughs (so did the school nurse) but we couldn't find anything else. We check the other kids and washed all the sheets, but...nothing. I fully attribute it to a gift from God. Thank you!
Summer went on a school ski trip with her friend Brianna and Smith has been working hard in the school play .
Joy performed as Madame Morible in "Wicked" and she was absolutely fabulous! We are so proud of her!
We enjoyed a few snow days. We made a great fort with the basement furniture and everyone did things that brought them joy. Elias made us delicious food, Boyd did origami, Smith played outside, Summer did art and music, the girls and I read and played games.
I did a presentation for all the students at Hindley about becoming the kind of person you want to be.
Smith did an exceptional job as Hugo in the MMS performance of "Bye Bye Birdie".
And the big kids enjoyed some great youth activities.
We love you all,
Britany et al.








No comments:
Post a Comment