Dear friend,
Spring in New England is hard to beat! We kicked off the month with a fundraising day for our trip to Serbia. The kids wanted to earn enough money to replace the toilets at the Boys and Girls Club we will be painting during our visit. They reached out to neighbors, classmates and ward members and committed to bake bread. They also offered a Kids Camp for Saturday morning. It was a full day of service with 3 hours of Kids Club, 14 hours of baking and 216 loaves of bread, but the last loaf was delivered by 8pm and we all slept well that night.Joy completed a semester of sewing classes. Here she is in the headband and dress she made.
We celebrated Vivian's birthday.
Smith and Summer both performed in their choir concerts.
I was in charge of the ward camp fundraiser and we hosted a dinner and variety show. The ward had a lot of fun and I'm glad it's over.
I was in charge of ticket sales for the Hindley Happening for the third year in a row. We had gorgeous weather, all the kids had fun, and Joy was there with one friend, then another from open until close.
The moment came when I couldn't handle another spiny ride so I had to tell Rose I couldn't go with her on the Twister and she couldn't ride it without an adult. "No problem" she replied. She promptly walked up to the first adult she could find and asked them to ride with her. It just so happened to be a friend of mine who was feeling abandoned by her own son, so she rode with Rose. (I warned Lauren that the Twister is horrible, but she didn't believe me. She regretted it. Rose loved it.)
Rose enjoyed a few other charmed moments while we were there. We got to the front of one line and the ticket agent said we could ride free because Rose had offered her some of her snow cone earlier that day. At another ride, I offered our tickets as payment and the agent said, "No payment for you! Rose showed me a ladybug earlier today." She had clearly made her rounds before I made it out of the ticket sales booth.
I enjoyed a fabulous Mother's Day! Elias made an incredible steak and the kids showered me with love.
One weekend we all drove up to Camp Joseph in Vermont so I could check it out for Girls Camp. It was pouring rain the first night but we made up for it the next day. We had a lot of fun and Girls Camp will be great!

The rest of the month was filled with wonderful little moment. The little continue to dote on Elias. Smith and Summer performed well at a swim meet, our monthly recital at the nursing home, the hometown Memorial Day parade and time with friends and family.
Love you all,
Brittany et al.

No comments:
Post a Comment