April 2025

 Dear friend, 

We loved conference weekend!  Joy and I made homemade bagels for the first time, the kids got creative with cardboard and we loved learning from our prophet and church leaders.  
We are so blessed to live in this beautiful area with wonderful friends and great schools.  All of the kids are doing so well as they explore different interests.  
We are most blessed to have this guy in our family.  He just gets better every year.  I can't express my love and appreciation enough for Elias.  
April brought another round of "Erickson Excursions of Mind, Body, and Spirit"...or as the kids call it, "Mom's Homeschool Trips".
Nana and Grandpa Peter were able to join us for a day as we visited the church sites in upstate New York.  We love Nana & Grandpa Peter!
From there, it was on to Niagara Falls and factory tours.  My favorite was the Toyota Factory.  I teared up.  It's so efficient.  Rose loved making her own kazoo at the kazoo factory and for some reason the carrousel museum and factory was a real hit.  We enjoyed seeing the falls and exploring Niagara.  We snuck in a day at an indoor water park and laser tag and we went to see "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" at Niagara-on-the-Lake.  The power plant was also a win and everyone loved the pottery class.  I love these kids.  


We all had a great time.  Rose had a few moments on the trip...
We were walking down a street in Niagara Falls when a man came out of an office building, sat down on a bench and lit a cigarette.  Rose marched right over to him, waved her finger in his face and demanded, "Don't you liter that."  I quickly grabbed Rose's hand and walked off quickly telling her that he wouldn't liter.  She looked behind us and gave him the eye while yelling "He did with the last one."  "Rose," I said, "You have never seen him." 
"Yes I have."
"Oh yeah, where?" 
"In my dreams."
"Oh yeah," I scoffed, "and what did he do?"
She looks at me with the most matter-of-fact look and responds, "He killed me."  

There was a lady waiting in line with her grandson for a ride on the carousel.  Rose asked her which horse she was going to ride on and she responded that she would ride on whichever one her two-year-old grandson chose.  Rose then offered, "or you can leave him and ride on the chariot with my daddy." (We all saw her consider it.)

At the theater two ladies were sitting behind us and Rose struck up a conversation with them during intermission. When Elias handed her a few Oreos, she offered some to the ladies behind us.  When they declined, she said, "are you sure?  I can lick out the center for you." 
The weather is warming up!  
We welcomed two new queen bees to the backyard and hope they settle in nicely.  
I held my fifth "Night of Conversion Stories".  I have really enjoyed hosting these.  We made bread for neighbors, packed lunches for a food bank in Fairfield and enjoyed a beautiful Easter.  
Love to you all, 
Brittany et al. 

No comments: