December 2023

 Dear friend, 

It's a good thing we decorated for Christmas at the end of November because December was just one long party.  

Amidst everything, we were able to sneak in a few cooking, craft, and science creations, giving away lots of Christmas gifts (Boyd loves these good-smelling soaps) and redesigning the craft room (everyone now has their own desk and Mom is not allowed to throw away anything on their desk).  

Elias and his buddies snuck away for a little mini-styrka.  They drove 5 hours to the white mountains, slept in sub-freezing temperatures in the parking lot for a few hours and then summited a few mountains.  It sounded miserable and he was so happy.  I'm glad he has friends that will do that stuff with him.   
Elias and I enjoyed a date night of Korean BBQ and Karaoke in the city with friends.  
We hosted our annual Christmas recital and sing-along.  I think this is my favorite tradition.  
We enjoyed a lovely Christmas Eve at the Francia's for the third year in a row.  
They are great friends and their Feast of Seven Fishes is incredible. 
I was asked to give a little thought during Sacrament Meeting on Christmas Eve.  Here it is: 
Christmas morning was everything we could have hoped for, with signing and all.  The kids worked so hard to earn presents for each other so it was beautiful to watch them give gifts to one another.  
The party never stops so that afternoon we drove over to Corie's to meet up with the Hawks, Linds and my parents.  We loved celebrating with cousins and seeing the lights and creche exhibit at the DC temple.  
From there we took a little family trip down to Tennessee.  I loved our visit to the Bush's Baked Beans Factory.  
1
We enjoyed a lovey day in Gatlinburg and then a day at Dollywood.  
It has been another wonderful year with my favorite people.  I sure love these humans.  
Here's to 2024!
Love you all. 
Brittany et al.

No comments: