Dear friend,
I love my boys. They are so different but they really are great friends. They are both in chess club and enjoy taking tennis together. They love swimming, swivelboards, heelies and reading.
Elias had another major knee surgery on February 6th so he has spent the entire month in bed trying to recovery. He will be on crutches for 6 weeks and it will be a long, slow recovery. He's a champ and we're hoping for the best.
I have been Gospel Doctrine teacher for over four years now and was released this month. I'm so grateful for the spiritual momentum I have found in that calling and I will miss it.
Smith and I have been building the beehive and getting excited. The other kids pop their heads out to help with a nail here and there.
We enjoyed a great trip to the aquarium.
I was in charge of the school's heritage again this year and I'm thrilled to report it turned out great!
Joy entered the art competition and I loved seeing how she expressed her heritage.
The kids all continue to express their creativity in wonderful ways.
For February break we went to the Poconos and introduced the kids to skiing at Shawnee Mountain. (When I say "we" it means that we transported Elias to the AirBnB and he stayed their all week while the kids and I went skiing everyday without him.) He's a good sport and I'm thrilled to report that all the kids really enjoyed skiing!
The AirBnB was perfect for the family. We enjoyed the hot tub, game room and dance parties.
Little Rose turned 5 this month. She is growing up and trying to figure out the world. One day when I went to pick her up from ski class, another mom (who was quite short) asked me which student was mine. When I pointed out Rose she laughed and said, "That girl is a riot! Before class she came up to me and said, 'Your face looks like a mommy and your body looks like a kid. Tell me about that.'" That's Rose. Asking strangers about anything and cuddling with everyone. I'm grateful we have been able to keep her safe. She continues to love frogs, hot dogs, the color green, dogs, and full-body zip-up pajamas. If we are at home, Rose is in her pajamas. We love you Rose!
Love to you all,Brittany et al.


































No comments:
Post a Comment