October 2021

 Dear friend, 

We loved General Conference this month.  The first session started like this,

the last session looked like this. 

I've continued trying to meditate each morning and every once in a while Rose will come join me.  

We headed up to Maine a day early to spend time with Gram and Grandpa.  
We then spent four days enjoying Bar Harbor, Maine in the peak of the fall colors.  
We found the perfect yurt to stay in and had a blast hiking, driving and exploring the town!

As I looked at my family in this moment, I couldn't get over the beauty and love I felt for it all.  Immediately after I took this pic, Elias said, "What is that smell?  Why am I so wet?"  As he lifted Rosie up and looked around, she casually responded, "It's poop juice.  It's mine."
He carried her all the way back down the mountain like this.  
It cracks me up how each child prepares for a picture differently.  

There is Smith, 
Boyd, 
 and Summer.
Rose usually couldn't care less. 
And then there is Joy.  
Our friend hosted a Family Fun Day at her farm in Otis, MA and the kids had a blast!
Elias and I have been talking with the kids about longterm goals and the power of visualizing the end from the beginning.  It was fun to discuss their dreams with each of them.  
For the past few months I have been hosting a meditative yoga night once a month for Summer and her friends.  We've had a lot of fun and I've enjoyed discussing different values with the girls.  We have talked about power statement, "I can do tough things", loving our bodies and next month is about being filled with gratitude.  
I helped Rose with a school project all about "home" and it made me so grateful for this special abode. 
One funny moment:
Rose: (outraged as she walks into my room) "Mom! Boyd called me a casserole!"
Me: "He did!?!"
Rose: "I'm not a casserole.  I'm a frog!"
I had to have a surgery that put me out for a few weeks and I am so incredibly grateful for such a dear family.  My parents came for a few days, then Corie came for a week and then Chelsea came for a few days.  The fact that all of their families sacrificed so they could come help me made me feel so loved!
As an added bonus, we got to have Carter's family come visit in the middle of their Boston-NYC family trip!  We had a blast with cousins!
And then of course, there was Halloween! The weather was absolutely gorgeous and our neighborhood goes all out!
Love you all, 
Brittany et al. 

No comments: