Dear Friend,
Spring weather in Connecticut is amazing! We have been busy working in the yard and enjoying picnics at the beach. I introduced myself to a neighbor down the street and she said, "oh, you're the home that always has a bunch of kids working out in the yard on Saturday mornings!" That's us. The one and only. As my kids constantly remind me.


We squeeze in time for a lot of fun as well.
It kills me that my kids don't appreciate how exceptional the view is at our local park.
We surprised Vivian with a birthday celebration. She is very concerned about Covid and it was raining so we held it in our garage.
Summer is growing up. Oh, how I love her. I'm so grateful for her friendship and the example she sets for her younger siblings. She competed in her first swim meet this month and she was awesome. We went to a Mother's Day Picnic for Activity Days and when asked what her mom says all the time, Summer responded, "Rose, you really need to start pooping on the potty." True.
Speaking of that, Rose has just started pooping on the potty a little bit. Fingers crossed. Rose is a total boss. She has been in preschool almost two months now and at her parent-teacher conference last week I was told that she is a leader even though she is the youngest by far. She will engage in class discussions, comfort anyone who feels sad or left out, and she always has an idea of what to do at recess. She just doesn't care about the rules or the classroom agenda. That sounds about right.
Rose loves dressing up lately.
Joy is an awesome big sister to Rose. She always lets her play with her friends and loves to include everyone. Joy is all things unicorns, mermaids, and rainbows. She often requests to perform a song for us and she packs so much drama into each word. It's really something you have to experience to fully understand. She is such a bright light in any room. 

Elias' spa treatments continue. These two little girls love working on their dad, and even though it's obviously not good for his scalp or skin, he can't seem to get enough.
Boyd continues to be my little treasure seeker. He has recommitted himself to his metal detector and has found a few gems. He continues to love Legos and has been getting interested in Pokemon. He is such a hard worker and has so many questions about the world, God, taxes, anatomy, and human nature.
Smith's curiosity has gotten him into a few scrapes this month. He loves exploring new things and "conducting science experiences" (often without permission). He did some damage to our lawn and driveway but it was a simple bump with Rose that caused him to need stitches.


Smith approached me with an idea for another party, so he and Smith hosted a "Pre-historic Animal Party". I gave the boys a $25 budget with which they bought excavation kits, modeling clay and ingredients for a popcorn treat. They had three boys and two girls join them for the party and they had a blast. They played "Mr. Raptor, What Time Is It?", "Predator and Prey Hide-and-Seek", made animals out of clay, made animals out of Legos, did their excavation kits, enjoyed the treat and of course played in the basement.
I love being a mom. I enjoyed a delightful Mother's Day this month thanks to Elias and the best kids ever. This has been a more challenging year as a mom. Each child is so different and I want to do my best for each little personality, but I can't do it all and I have to accept that they always get the last say as to how their life (day, afternoon, weekend) will play out.
I've felt a greater need for girl friends lately and was blessed to go on a hike this month with some.
A major highlight this month was when the Sedwicks came to visit. Heather and I went for a run together just like in college (and she was way faster than me just like in college) and it was a delight to watch our kids play together. The weather was gorgeous so we spent a lot of time outside and at the beach. The kids put on a circus for us and it was special to share a sacrament meeting together in our home. I sure am grateful for Heather and her friendship and support over the last two decades.
We were blessed to have Gram join us for Memorial Day! She is such an angel and we love having her so close. We missed you Grandpa!
Love you all,
Brittany et al.



















































No comments:
Post a Comment