Dear Friend,
At the beginning of the month we said farewell to dear Dallas! We have loved having her stay with us for the last seven months but she is off to get married. We wish her the best of luck.
Kevin and Jeannie came for a quick visit and it was wonderful as always. 

Some friends surprised us with an Easter Egg hunt.
We enjoyed a quiet weekend making resurrection rolls and enjoying conference.
Of course the first day back to school after Dallas left, the school nurse called me. Smith had complained of sore throat so I was instructed to remove all five kids from school, have them tested for Covid, and then guide them through remote learning until they all received a negative test result. When I picked Smith up from school and asked him about his throat he responded, "Yeah, it's really just my tongue and not my throat. I bit my tongue this morning." It was too late. The damage was done. Three days of remote learning.
As always, an April highlight was celebrating our favorite guy's birthday. The big 3-7. I love him.
As Spring Break began we headed out to DC so Summer could attend "GRIT Weekend" with her cousins and grandparents. GRIT: Girls aRe Incredibly Tough. They did service, heard from older ladies with grit, completed a ten-mile bike ride in the rain, followed recipes to make meals, and navigated the bus and subway systems of DC. Summer even flew all by herself to meet us in Georgia. 

The rest of us simply partied at Corie's house for a few days before driving down to Chelsea's.
It was such a blast visiting Chelsea and her family in Atlanta. We loved going to the aquarium and Coke-a-cola factory and Great Wolf Lodge, but especially just being with the Linds at their home.
A major highlight was when Taylor took me and Elias though the Walmart distribution center that he manages. It was fascinating!
The rest of the month was filled with wonderful (and many exhausting) moments at home.
The kids put together a fancy date night for me and Elias. It was complete with menus, homemade food, music and an elegant waitstaff.
One afternoon Rose filled up the powder room sink with water to the point of overflowing. When I walked in and turned the water off and ran to get towels she was furious with me. "I'm trying to teach a turtle how to swim here. It's like you don't even care!"
Rose continues to refuse to poop on the potty so that has been a challenge.
Spring has been beautiful here and Smith gave a heartfelt burial for Jackie the snail.
One evening a young woman came over to be release from her mission. We had been chatting for a few minutes when she asked, "Can I ask how old you are?"
"You bet. I'm 36."
"Wow! I was going to guess 28."
"Thank you!"
"I mean, you look really tired. But I was going to guess a really tired 28."
I think collectively our family has lost three teeth this month.
I had to document the hair paint that Rose decorated the floor with because it took me a solid hour to remove.
Joy love snacks. One morning she came up to me and said, "Mom, I know it's not snack time but I just had a frozen yogurt stick and now my back is so cold, I need Cheese Its to warm up my back. It's the only thing that can help.
One Sunday morning the boys decided to fill up a bunch of full-size balloons with water. When I asked them about it they gave me an impressive explanation of how this is a really good thing for them to do on Sunday because the water is like our spirit in the balloon which is like our body, and when they throw them on the ground outside, it is the moment of death when our soul returns to heaven.
...So I guess giant water balloons are a Sunday activity now.
Elias and I were thrilled to meet up with our dear friends the Seacrists in the city one night. One morning Joy presented me with a delicious-looking caprese salad.
Me: Thanks Joy! I didn't know we had basil.
Joy: We don't. I just pulled some leaves off a tree.
We all ate it up and it was delectable.
Love you all,
Brittany et al.


























































No comments:
Post a Comment