We ate as many berries as we could handle
and made a delicious berry pie with Gram.
We spent an entire day at Salisbury beach and it couldn't have been more perfect.
We joined them serving food at the local soup kitchen where they help each week,
and enjoyed a glorious day at the lake.
Thanks Gram and Grandpa!
From there it was back to the school routine.
We have had a few little bumps along the way, but Summer, Boyd and Smith all have incredible teachers and enjoy school while these two little smiles rule my day.
Joy is at my side all day long (unless Daddy is in the house) and I think I've aged ten years in the last two. She is a powerhouse of personality and is crazy cute 90% of the time.
The big kids are in swim lessons and tennis lesson after school and so we joined the YMCA. It has changed my life. Being able to go there a few times each week to exercise while these two little ones play in the children's room is such a blessing.

We fill our days with errands, parties, and playdates.
Joy has taken on the task of feeding Rose as her personal job.
It's 5% darling and 95% hot mess.
It almost always ends in all three of us having to change our clothes.
Rose has grown up so much this month. I can't even express how darling she is!
She is always happy and so pleasant to be around. She brings such a peace to our home and all of the kids have a special bond with her. I've watched each one of them go to her when they are upset and they always feel better after one of her smiles. She loves to be thrown up in the air and while she is not really crawling yet, she certainly knows how to get from one end of the room to the other.
My three girls are growing up!
The kids didn't have school on Yom Kippur so we had an awesome day together. It was rainy in the morning so we made cookies and did secret ring-and-run drop offs.
We then spent the afternoon at the nature center and the planetarium.
The kids also had Rosh Hashanah off so we took an awesome day vacation.
We drove north to Dinosaur State Park and make an impression of a real dinosaur footprint.
We also panned for gold
and had a picnic outside the Hartford Temple.
Day vacations aren't as much fun without Daddy, but we had a blast.
One night we enjoyed a family sleepover in the attic.
Complete with dancing, books, steamroller,
and of course, shadow puppet stories.
One Sunday I took an hour-long nap and woke up to this! This canvas was damaged in the move, so instead of throwing it out Elias drew a quick sketch of Joy. She was so proud!
Summer's best friends from Santa Fe had a 24-hour layover at JFK with their family so we picked them up and brought them back to our house for the most glorious day-long playdate!
Their visit made us all miss Santa Fe. We sure love the Chapple family!
Summer and Elias joined my family at Tober for Daddy/Daughter weekend,
so we partied hard here at home for MOMMY/SON WEEKEND (+Joy and Rose)
We played hookie and went to the beach,
we picked apples and made apple cider.
We went to the local arcade, Chick-fil-a, and had a movie night. We had a wonderful time! Expect for a little incident when a mouse got stuck in our window well. The boys discovered it while playing in the basement and each thought of ways to help it out. Smith brought out a "ramp" and Boyd made an "elevator". I don't do mice. Needless to say, I wasn't very helpful and they saw a side of me I'm not proud of, but they got it out with a lacrosse stick all on their own. My heroes.
I sure love my boys. I'm so grateful I got this weekend to focus on them (+Joy and Rose).
Some of you know that Boyd is constantly in search of buried treasure. He has a metal detector and is certain that a pirate's chest is just waiting for him under any sand. So when they were digging at Weed Beach and hit the foundation of the play structure, Boyd was sure it was a chest full of gold. I snapped this picture in the middle of our discussion when I was trying to convince him otherwise.
Needless to say, Elias and Summer had a blast at Tober. They rode horses, did crafts, went boating and cuddled to Summer's heart's content (which is saying a lot).
We attempted family pictures for the first time since Summer was born.
Elias was so patient with me.
Love and miss you all.
Till next time,Brittany et al.






1 comment:
You're family is so fun and beautiful!!
Post a Comment