October 2018

Dear friend,
October was a month of goodness.  (And sickness.) We of course loved General Conference 
and the halloween celebrations.  
Our street is perfect for Halloween!
The kids continue to craft it up.  
They are so active and creative, 

and genuinely funny.  
I sure love spending my days with them.  
I jotted down a few of their gifts:   

Summer: 
Internal compass - The light of Christ is bright within you; you naturally know what is right and wrong and have the courage to choose the right.  
Music - You have been singing since you could speak and you create the most heart-touching lyrics.
Leadership - You are such an amazing big sister to your siblings and you give them a good example and find a way to include everyone who wants to play.  
Determined - You know how to accomplish hard things.  When you put your mind to something,  you work and work, and practice and practice until you succeed.  
Creative - I am constantly amazed with the things you create, whether its a fun card for your BFFs or a baby mobile for Rose.  

Boyd: 
Quick mind - You figure things out and are good at working on problems until you find a solution.  
Caring - You take care of your family and helped Mom so much after she had the baby.  
Hard worker - You do your chores right when you are asked and you do them right the first time.  
Funny - You make us laugh everyday and can make little Rosie laugh so hard!
Responsible - You take care of your things and help your siblings find things when they are lost.  

Smith: 
Kind - You are nice to others and your morning hug makes your mom feel so happy each morning.  
Close to the Spirit - You recognize the beauty in the world around you and are quick to leave a situation when it feels bad.
Brave - You are not afraid to try new things or go to new places and your bravery helps your siblings be brave.  
Determined - When you put your mind to something, you practice and practice until you learn how to do it, like when you learned to tie your shoe.  
Creative - You have a bright mind filled with creative ideas which makes life more fun.  

Joy: 
Energy - You are always up for a party; if you catch wind that someone is going somewhere, you are the first to have your shoes on.  
Humor - You were born a jokester.  You have a great sense of humor and often have the entire family laughing.  
Brave - You are the only kid who will go in the basement alone, everyone knows they can ask you to accompany them.  You love nursery and making new friends.
Loyalty - You love your family fiercely; you will often come to a sibling's defense in a squabble at home or go sit with sibling in timeout.  
Independent - "I do.  I do.  I do."  You are confident in your abilities and never back down from trying new things.

Rose: 
Peace - You have such a calming influence in our home and have a smile that can dissipate any anger.  
Joy - You are SO happy all of the time!  Everyone is amazed how you are always smiling.  I love, love, love having you in my life!
Love - When you siblings or parents are upset, they often go find you to feel better. You smile and cuddles melt away the worst of feelings.  
Curiosity - You are now on the move and you are determined to discover what's under each chair and around each corner.  
I dyed my hair brown for the first time.  
Other than Smith telling me that I no longer match our family, I kind of like it.  
My mom visited for a few days with my Aunt Donise, Uncle Lloyd, and Uncle Matt
It was such a joy spending time with them and having my kids get to know them.  
Joy and I even took the train into the city one day with Matt and Lloyd to see the statue of liberty and 9/11 memorial, and eat a NYC hot dog!
This was our first New England fall and it was nothing short of AMAZING!!!  Seriously, the colors were unreal.  This picture of our street doesn't do it justice.  It is truly awe-inspiring.  You can't help but think of God our creator and His immense love for us.  I feel so blessed to live in a place where I can feel His love each year in this way.  
A major highlight was a visit from the Spencer and Sedwick families!!!  Heather and Katie are two of my dearest friends.  I was blessed to meet them my freshman year of college and they have been influencing me for the better since then.  
It meant the world to me to have Katie's family of six all the way from Washington, and Heather's family of five all the way from Virginia here AT THE SAME TIME!
Unfortunately the majority of us were sick the entire time, but it was so good for my soul to be together.  
A big thanks to the men for taking care of most things 
so that we ladies could just chat.  
I'm so grateful for these friends, and that they are women, wives, mothers and disciples who inspire me to try harder and be better.  I can only pray that each of my children are blessed with friends like these in their lives.
 Always, 
Brittany et al. 

1 comment:

Laura said...

So so fun you all could be together, even while being sick. Look at your darling kids getting bigger!