September 2023

Dear friend, 

We kicked off Labor Day weekend with a gorgeous ward campout.  We only had about 40 people there but everyone had fun!
The night before Labor Day we sent Elias off to get his hiking fix. He drove five hours to the mountains in New Hampshire, slept in the parking lot for four hours, hiked for 12 hours and then drove five hours home.  It was a full day but I think it did a lot for his soul.  
I got to sneak away to Arizona for a few days.  Corie, Chelsea and I surprised my mom and Hannah so we could help Hannah move in and attend the wedding of my mom's brother together. 
The kids have been having a lot of fun, but with church activities and friends in the neighborhood.  
Joy: I can't wait until I get to heaven. I'll get to wear tanktops!

Me: How's that? 

Joy: I won't have a body I'll have to keep modest.

Me: I see your logic. That will be interesting to find out.  

Summer is in a honors choir that meets on Wednesday mornings and Rose usually rides with me to drop her off.  We pass the train station on our way to the middle school so there are always a handful of people (usually men) walking to the station.  Rose surprises all of us when she rolls down the window and yells "ooh, handsome!" to the commuters.  Every. Week. 
Boyd is really into origami and Smith is into science experiments. 
One night the kids put on an epic circus for us.  
One weekend we tried to go backpacking as a family but ended up getting a flat-tire in route.  We didn't end up backpacking but it was still an adventure.  
We stopped by Corie's on our way to the family reunion.
Carter and Stephanie hosted an epic family reunion at the Outer Banks.  The home, and weather and company was all wonderful!
We love our family!
Brittany et al. 


 


No comments: