April 2022

 Dear friend, 

April began with a wonderful conference weekend. 
On the 9th by big man turned 38.  The kids and I made him an amazing white chocolate raspberry cheesecake!  I was really impressed with how well it turned out.  But more than that -we just love Elias.  He is the glue that holds this home together.  He fills in all our cracks and insecurities with love and acceptance.  He is an encourager, a safe harbor, an enforcer and the best sharer I have ever known. 
We celebrated a beautiful Easter Sunday. We made resurrection rolls and while I tried to take a nice picture with the kids, it went sideways quickly.  
One gorgeous Saturday we cleaned up the yard and laid down mulch.  It was a few great hours working as a family and rewarding to see the efforts of our labor; made for a wonderful day.  
Elias surprised me when he reached out to some college friends to coordinate a girls weekend for me.  I took it from there andHeather, Laura, Katie and I had a blast for a long weekend in the Olympic mountains.  We missed you Mary and Hillary!!! It was a dreamy weekend of dear friends, good food, hiking and talk, talk, talking.  I have so much love for these ladies!
From there, I flew to Boston to meet Elias and the kids at his parents' place for February break.  We had blast exploring the area and we even spent a day with Jeannie at school.  
The kids are getting bigger!  The continue to be brave and creative.  Our family's happy place continues to be on a hike or at the beach. Joy is getting really good on her bike and writing notes.  Boyd continues to love soccer and Smith enjoys parkour and is constantly climbing on things.  Summer is still creative as ever; she made a graduation cap after Gram gave her a leftover tassel.  Rose continues to crack us up and keep us on edge with her fearlessness.  
Love you all, 
Brittany et al. 

No comments: