Dear friend,
February in the Erickson household began with a celebration. At the end of December we had a family discussion about the importance of our spirit being in control of our body and how we have the power to overcome any thought, impulse, or craving our body may have. To emphasize this point we challenged the kids to an entire month without sugar with a reward of a trip to Gopher's (the local ice cream shop) and Sky Zone. We all went the month of January without sugar and the reward was worth it.
The last two days of E's trip to South Africa I took the kids up to Groton to play with Gram and Grandpa and everyone had a blast but we were all happy when Daddy got home.
We've enjoyed some fun times at home and it even warmed up to 50 degrees a few days so of course we brought out the water balloons and headed to the beach for a picnic.
Valentines celebration has been in full swing. I threw my annual Valentines party, Summer threw a Galentine's party and Joy cashed in all her prize points for a "Super Fancy Princess Party".
Unfortunately E's knee has not improved and he has resorted to aspirating it at home to avoid having to go into the city. Once he made the mistake of doing it where Rose could see him. Once.
Our little Rosie Girl turned 4 on the 23rd.
Rose continues to be a wild fire of passion and opinion. Though most of her class is a year older than her, she has a big presence int he classroom. Her teacher has been concerned with Rose's lack of concern for the program and this is a portion of a write-up I received. "This Girl is on Fire" continues to be her personal anthem. Every once in a while she throws in "Skidamarink a dink a dink" and "We Don't Talk About Bruno" for good measure. She continues to love frogs so Summer helped Rose turn her closet into a frog habitat.
Her love for and confidence in her father continues to increase. For example:
Rose: I have to go get that animal.
Me: Oh, that oppossum must have been hit by a car.
Rose: I need to get him so I can take care of him.
Me: I'm sorry. He's dead.
Rose: [In total confidence] My dad will fix him. My dad will make him alive again and I will take care of him.
(If you can't tell, I was actually cuddling with E first and then Rose came and took her "rightful spot".)
The highlight of this month was our long-awaited trip to Puerto Rico. Smith has been begging to go to a rain forest and this seems like the perfect first experience. Luckily everyone other than Rose is fully vaccinated so we only had to deal with one Covid test.
The first day was a long day of travel, getting our rental car, getting food and exploring the resort. The second day we spent snorkeling and taking a boat out to the island of Vieques.
The third day we spent exploring the rain forest.
It was a great trip and the kids were awesome travelers. Love to you all,
Brittany et al.
No comments:
Post a Comment