October 2020


Dear friend, 

General Conference came as a welcomed relief this month. 

I couldn't honestly document the month without pictures of these two.  Rose is obsessed with this guy and it's obvious the feeling is mutual. 

I somehow talked my family into going out to DC and back in one day just to surprise my sister.  Our kids are road warriors and it was fun to spend time with all their cousins and meet little Norah!
Another day Elias and I played hooky to go play in cranberry bogs
My parents joined us last minute and it was fun to catch up. 
I enjoyed a great night out with friends (that was Covid-friendly until we took the picture)
and then came home to the new normal (Elias working away in a white shirt and tie).  I love him.  
I've honestly loved watching sacrament each week cuddled up with my kids in bed.  Elias comes home later in the day and we have a small sacrament program as a family.  Since they started holding virtual church each week, we haven't had the kids give weekly talks anymore.  I asked them to share their testimony so I could record it.  
 Testimonies given on 10/11/2020
Boyd:
I think God created our bodies. I’m still trying to figure out if he’s real. I pray to him and I tell him things I hope happen. I’m pretty sure he loves me. No, I know he loves me. I know he hears my prayers. I know I was supposed to be in this family. I know that Mom and Dad love me. I know that families are forever. I believe that when we die, families are still forever. I know we get happier we do kind things. I believe that Jesus healed people. I’m still trying to figure out if the stories in the scriptures are real. I really like the story of when Peter and John healed a man that couldn’t walk so he could walk again. I also like Captain Moroni because he’s brave. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Joy:
I like to have Jesus in my heart. I believe families are special. Jesus loves us. My mom loves me everyday, a lot. My dad loves me. We give thanks for food and water. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Summer:
I’d like to bear my testimony that the Holy Ghost is real. Jesus is helping us everyday. He sends the Holy Ghost everyday to help us obey the commandments. Jesus told us when we obey the commandments, we can have the gift of the Holy Spirit. I know that’s true. It’s a really small voice. It can make a big feeling or a small feeling in us. When I was baptized, I felt a strong impact with the Holy Ghost. I felt loved. I felt peace and happiness. I know that was the Holy Ghost because it felt really good and safe. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 
Smith:
I believe God and Jesus are real. I think they did really good things. I know that Jesus died for us and he will always love us and care for us. I think he is still alive up in heaven sharing his testimony and giving people blessings. I pray so I can ask Jesus to help me with my day and bless other people to not have nightmares and things. I think God wants us to share our testimony, teach other people about Jesus Christ and love everyone in the world and be kind. Especially be kind. I believe in the Holy Ghost. I believe that he is real. He shows us what is good from bad. Same thing with Jesus Christ and God. I know that it’s him when we feel good feelings, like this is the right thing to do. I like the stories of Nephi; I just think they’re interesting. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen

We've loved hiking through the fall colors.  
We've been teaching the kids about proper table etiquette so we held an etiquette dinner and Dallas was the judge.  
We've loved having Dallas here and introducing her to new foods.  She's liked kiwi, pomegranate, raspberries, blackberries, havarti, and brussel sprouts just to name a few.  
Smith has really been wanting to do karate and since we got a great family discount the four older kids are now doing it twice a week. 
Summer and I have enjoyed some fun girl time.  We took a run to the beach and back one day and did our nails together another night.  
I've wanted to build a slide down the stairs since we moved here.  Elias always felt it would be too dangerous but I finally went ahead and made one...and then decided it was too dangerous.  E helped me change the slope and it's...done.  (Only kind of dangerous.)
We enjoyed a lot of smiles and good times this month.  
We enjoyed Halloween this year despite Covid restrictions.  
We hosted Elias' co-workers for a morning of brunch and pumpkin carving.  
Summer made this Halloween dummy and it showed up in the most random places all month.  
On Halloween we joined some friends for a backyard party.  
Love you all, 
Brittany et al. 

No comments: