February 2019

Dear friend,

We've had some really sweet siblings moments this month and it's making my mommy heart burst.   
Rose was teasing Joy during a shopping trip one afternoon and I was cracking up!
These two continue to keep me busy while the big kids are at school.  
Rose is such a little dreamboat.  She has her eight front teeth now and stands up any chance she can get. We have seen a step or two, but she is just so fast at crawling that she quickly reverts back to all fours in order to get around.  
I feel blessed to have Rose in my life.  She is so patient with me and is always quick to smile. 
 She is back to being a great sleeper and has had a lot of fun exploring new foods.  
Joy decided to throw a party for me and Rose one morning and we all had a delightful time.  
Joy is 220V of energy.  She calls every color "purple" but throws a fit if she doesn't get pink.  
She has an awesome sense of humor, but she's runner.  I have a little panic attack each time I prepare to enter a parking lot with her.  One day this month she started running alway from me as I was putting Rose's carseat into the car.  I quickly stashed the groceries and locked the car so I could properly chase her down.  Four cars had stopped to watch the show and as I sprinted to catch up with her, she literally turned around and shook her booty at me...there are no words. 
She also loves to sneak snacks and she thinks it's hilarious when she's caught.  
These moments are of course also met with these...
Needless to say, she's not the only one who is chomping at the bit for Daddy to walk through the door.  
He's the best!  I can't even express how grateful I am to spend my life partnered with the best human in the world.  Earlier this year a lady in the ward came up to me and said that she wanted to watch our kids for free for an entire day so we could spend a day in the city.  I wanted to cry.  I love spending time with Elias.  
We cashed in on her offer when our dear friends from Santa Fe were in town.  It was a great day!
My big kids are growing up!  
They are all so different.   Summer is your typical oldest child and has the biggest heart I've ever seen.  She is so quick to make friends and try new things.  Boyd is quite particular and very good about taking care of his things.  Smith doesn't care about his things at all but his mind is constantly working through the world.  
I'm continually surprised at how well they all play together.   
I enjoyed an awesome night out with my boys. The school was hosting a mommy/son night, but we played hookie from that to go play arcade games and laser tag.   
The kids' school preemptively declared a snow day before there was even a cloud in the sky, so we turned it into a party day.  We made some awesome crafts, 
and even cooler indoor hammocks.  
Then just around 3:00 when we were starting to go stir-crazy, it began to snow!
Boyd and Smith were in a school Valentine's Day performance.   
They both did outstanding.  It's so fun to watch them interact with their peers.  Joy on the other hand, kept declaring, "I don't like this show" while trying to run out of the gym.  She came around though when she got to go find her brothers on stage.  
I'm so proud of Boyd and Smith.  I love being their mom.  
Our dear Rosie Girl turned 1 on the 23rd.  Can you believe this smile!?!  Oh how I love her!  I feel so humbled and blessed to have her in my life.  She is inquisitive yet patient, joyful yet peaceful. I'm looking forward to getting to know her more this year.   
Valentine celebrations were in full swing this year.  
The kids continue to craft it up
and one night, I got to go to a ladies night hip hop dance class.  
Elias and I hosted a party for a few other couples after we put the kids to bed one night.  Four kids fell asleep right on cue, but Joy made sporadic appearances at the party just as you might expect.  
The big kids hosted a party for their friends as well.   
A major highlight this month was going to DC over February break.  We enjoyed a basketball game,  Disney on Ice, tours from Nana, lots of museums, closet sleepovers, and so much more!  We love DC!
Funny story, I was checking Smith's brushing job when I noticed two teeth that had already grown in.  I couldn't stop laughing!  Only Smith could have two front teeth grow in without noticing!
We had a blast in DC but let it be documented yet again that Joy is a runner.  While driving home Elias and I were discussing what parts we did and didn't like of the trip only to discover that it was only while someone was in charge of watching Joy in public that they didn't enjoy themselves.  In her own delightful way, Joy can't wait to find out what's around each new corner and literally runs to find out with no regard as to whether someone joins her in the discovery or not.  We're going to try to take this fact into account when planning our next trips.  
But mostly, we just love DC.  
East coast traffic on the other hand...let's just say Rose got to experience her first sucker on the way home.   
 Love you all,
Brittany et al.

No comments: