Dear Friend,
Can you believe it's already April? March was a great month for us. We stayed in town and got into a great little routine. Elias continues to work long hours but the kids and I have found a rhythm in our day-to-day. Each week brought new little adventures. The first week we were lucky enough to have my parents come visit.
It is always so fun spending time with them and the kids loved every minute of it.
The morning they left we were hit with a huge snowstorm.
Elias & Summer were quick to partake in snow adventures which was a good thing because it actually all melted by that afternoon.
This month has been so much fun as we have explored the simple joys of childhood. Including:
a tricycle,
a tricycle,
new foods,
our sandbox (side note: time and time again, Summer will fill up her bucket with sand, pick it up, and declare "So heavy! I'm as strong as Daddy is.")
science projects,
a rocking horse,
bubble wrap,
puppets (and wigs),
the children's museum,
the zoo,
swings,
arts and crafts, (notice her hat in this picture - this is just one example of the small-town-feel of Santa Fe; there is an older lady that volunteers at the library, and she has gotten to know Summer and the boys so she knitted them all beautiful hats)
and trips to the park.
This month has been so much fun as Elias and I have been able to watch our kids' personalities develop. They boys are nine months now and they are both doing the army crawl.
Smith is such a sweetheart.
He rarely belts out a cry; he's more likely to just kind of moan and let out this suffering babble. It's heart jerking, but then I go to pick him up and am welcomed with this, "it's been tough Mom, but I know you're trying your best" grin. Awe, I just want to wrap myself up in that grin. He's had croup twice in the last month and has been such a trouper.
Smith is our little mover and he will follow me around the house. It's pretty darling to be in a room and then see this grin peek around the corner that says, "I found you Mom! Let's stop trying to sneak away."
He is also our expressive eater. He will go from this (banana),
to this (orange) in a single bite.
I am so grateful that we have been blessed with this sweet little man. He is quick to share his warm smile with the world and our home is a better place because of it.
(Sorry - I had a video of each kid, but this is the only one that is uploading. I'll try again next month.)
Summer is growing up a little more each day and she is such a crack up. She walked up to me one afternoon with her hands like this.
And then she pulled them away to reveal this:
So creepy right! But she just thought it was so funny, we both laughed until our sides ached.
Summer is a great helper (sometime for better and sometimes for worse).
It was an incredibly sweet moment one morning when I found Summer putting the silverware away without being asked. She has such a good heart. She is quick to do me a favor and she always tries to cheer up her brothers when they fuss.
I do have to say though - it is getting harder to shop with her. She'll whip off her shoes and be trying on a swimsuit before I even notice she's stepped off the kickboard.
Summer absolutely loves books. Loves them! I can't even tell you how many books she goes through each day.
We love her so much! She is such a light in this home and to all who meet her. I am so grateful to have her as my daughter.
Boyd is our action boy! He is the one most likely to be wrapped up in something or trapped somewhere. His desire for adventure is adorable! Yet I fear it may lead to a future of bugs and broken bones.
At home Boyd is the first one to wander off on his own, but in public he is pretty wary of strangers. It's obvious that he is far more comfortable after Smith and Summer have given their approval.
Boyd is such a happy kid! He just seems thrilled with the world. He absolutely loves food. He will quickly finish everything on his tray and then go clawing at Smith's. He loves being outside and I am grateful to say that he also loves sleep. He is such a good sleeper. But when he is awake he is moving non-stop. He was sick the other day and it broke my heart to see my action man so lethargic.
Oh, and his laugh. I can't even describe how delightful Boyd's laugh is! And he is so quick to share it. He can watch his siblings having fun from afar and he will bust out in glee. He rejoices in others' happiness.
I am grateful to have this glowing joy in my life! He brings such happiness to home.
I love these three little people so much and they have a ball together.
(You can see their range of emotions toward one another in the picture below.)
(You can see their range of emotions toward one another in the picture below.)
I thank my Heavenly Father day and night for blessing me with the opportunity to be a mother to these three. Especially for the opportunity to do it side by side with my best friend. Elias is the best father to these three and the most incredible husband. I am so proud of him and grateful for all he does for us. And he's just so handsome!
We love you all and wish you a very happy Easter!
Love always,
Elias, Brittany, Summer, Boyd & Smith






















2 comments:
What sweethearts! They are all so darling. It's fun to see their personalities. I love reading about your mommy adventures and how your family is growing.
I love that you described all of their personalities on this post. So fun to read and see all the cute pictures. WE miss you guys and really hope we get to see you soon. You are a great mother and a wonderful example.
Post a Comment