November 2012

Dear Friend, 

This month flew by.  I can't believe it will be December by the end of the week.  We hope all is going well for you and that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  So, I never ended up getting Elias to Stanford football game.  His response was always, "Britt, we went to part of one before we started school here, and...I can imagine the rest."  Oh, my anomaly of a man who is always up to play sports, but never to watch.  (I kind of love it actually.)  We did though, make it to a tailgate, which was a ton of fun!  We have made such amazing friends here. 

The highlight of November came this last week as we traveled to see friends and family.  Summer was absolutely amazing with our crazy flight schedule.  She is the best little traveler.  Our travels began in Seattle where we were able to spend a few days with my dear friend Katie & her family.  Katie & I lived together every semester of my BYU experience, we even did a study abroad together, and had the foresight to begin dating our future husbands at the same time and get married within weeks of each other.  Pretty good planning if I do say so myself!  I absolutely love her and her family and it was such a pleasure to spend time with them.  That is the one solace to moving away from friends - knowing that they are still keeping the faith and rockin' the world, they just happen to be in another part of it.

 
 While unfortunately it rained the entire time we were in Seattle, we were welcomed with some amazing weather in Boston.
 
 Summer loved spending time with her Gram & Grandpa!
 
She absolutely adored Cozmo and he was so patient with her.  
But I think most of all she enjoyed having Daddy around 24/7.  These two make quite the pair! 
 
 Kevin & Jeannie are absolutely amazing grandparents!  It was one celebration after another as we enjoyed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Summer's birthday within 48 hours.  We opted for a birthday pie (leftover from Thanksgiving), instead of cake and it turned out to be quite the hit!
 We had a wonderful trip!  Thanks for all your love and kindness!

So we now have a little one year old.  Summer, I can't believe it's been a year!  We love you so much and can't even begin to express the immense joy you have brought into our lives.  
She's doing all kinds of tricks, here's a video of just a few: 

She has just begin giving us kisses so I'll have to try to get that on tape.  As I mentioned, she loved Cozmo, so here's a little clip: 

By way of announcement...Elias has officially accepted an offer with Thornburg Investment Management in Santa Fe, New Mexico!  That's right folks...the Ericksons are going southwest!  So start planning your trip.  We'll move there at the end of August and we'll be anxiously awaiting your arrival.


We love you all so much and wish you a very Merry Christmas!
Love,
B,E&S

3 comments:

Mary said...

oh my GOODNESS!!! i have so many different emotional reactions to this update. first, complete and utter jealousy of your reunion with katie b.p. and fam. SO wish i was there! next, summer melts my heart. i love this little gal and haven't even met her yet! your videos of her put the biggest smile on my face. congrats on new mexico and good luck. i miss you more than words.

see, that right there are A LOT of emotions. :)

Dan and Laura said...

I SO look forward to these monthly posts. Great job keeping up on these! CONGRATS on the job offer! I've never been there, so you guys are a wonderful excuse for a trip south! It's SO fun to see you and KT together too! Glad it was awesome. Happy Birthday to Summer! She's such a doll! Miss you guys!

Bethany said...

So great to hear about your sweet family! Summer is a doll! Good luck in New Mexico, a new adventure is always fun! I know someone in your Stanford football picture, the Jen and Kylan Lundeen, he grew up in my ward. I just hiked the Grand Canyon with his mom in fact. Small world!!