October 2012

Dear Friend,

What a month!  We're settled back into the student life and loving every minute of it.  I can't believe we only have 7 months left!  Elias has been busy with school, interviews, and taking advantage of the MBA experience.  I've been busy with BizKids, indexing, and of course playing with SummerGirl.  And Summer has been busy speed crawling, eating everything she can find, and mastering the stairs.  I believe next month we'll be able to officially post where we'll be headed next year, so...stay tuned!  Here's a few pictures of the other things we've been up to:

We have been taking advantage of the gorgeous weather and the beautiful parks right outside our front door.  (And backdoor for that matter!)
Summer loves to put on a show wherever we go, but especially at the grocery store.  When I buy a baguette, I'll slide it in next to her and she gets such a thrill out of sneaking a bite or two...or three, or...  
We've enjoyed watching the debates and are grateful to live in a country where we can vote. 
Daddy has been running a lot and Summer helps him find his shoes. 
I've been making all kinds of pumpkin dishes, so when we took Summer to the pumpkin patch she apparently couldn't help herself.    
She loves to eat.  We really haven't found anything she won't eat.  She even likes it a little spicy (making Mommy & Daddy proud)!
We attended the horse races with some of our dear friends from the GSB.
Summer is just getting more and more fun!  This month she has really taken off.  She is starting to walk along the couch; she claps; she loves to dance whenever music comes on; she says mama, dada, and her favorite phrases "baba" gets a lot of airtime!  Oh how we love this little girl!
Elias had an interview in Salt Lake and was able to spend some time with his brother John's family.  Since our man was away, Summer and I hopped on a flight to Vegas to spend a few days with my sister Corie & her family.  Her girls are adorable and Summer loved every minute with them.  And I loved hanging out with Corie...oh to be a mommy in the same state as my sisters! 
 
 SummerGirl was a little bumblebee for Halloween. 
Elias & I hosted the "Mad Scientist Laboratory" at our church party.  We both dressed up like mad scientists and had a ton of fun making slime and lava with all the kids that came through.  Summer even spooked them making a mess with food in her highchair right next to us! (But she wouldn't look at Elias...his hair and makeup made her pretty uncomfortable.)
 
Here are a few videos of Summer doing her favorite activities: dancing and surprising people: 
Well - that's what we've been up to.  We'd love to hear from you, or better yet - see you!  We hope you all are doing well.  Our thoughts and prayers go out to our friends in the east.  May the Lord protect you.  We love you all!
B,E&S

3 comments:

Mary said...

oh my!!!! i love you guys more than words. your videos are so darling, i even showed them off to my co-worker. i really wish your big announcement next month was you guys moving to dc. i want some erikson love in real life!

Dan and Laura said...

Oh she's SO darling! What a great laugh and smile she has! Looks so much like her daddy! I'm totally with ya on the I wish I lived in the same state as my sister that's a mom. : / Thank heavens for Skype. Sorry Mare, I think they're moving to Salt Lake! :)

Ryan and Christina said...

cute cute cute! I wish we could be there with you!