So Elias & I have been living the nomad lifestyle for a few years now. Moving in & out of various cities we have had the opportunity to meet incredible people! And as I settle in to yet a new city, my heart aches for old friends. With the realization that we may never live in the same city as family or some of our dear friends, I've decided to resurrect this old blog and write you all a letter once a month. To, at the very least, let you know where we are living so you can visit us should you be in the area!
July:
We're living it up in Santa Fe! "Santa Fe?" you ask...so do we. Yes, like "Newsies"; yes, it's in New Mexico! While we love San Francisco, we wanted to try out a small town, and so when Elias received an internship offer here with a great firm we had to try it out. It's a city like none other. A few things you may not know about it:
- It's the highest capital in the USA with an elevation of 7,260 ft
- It has a population of less than 70,000
- While other desert cities such as Las Vegas or Phoenix try to fake it with grass, Santa Fe just embraces the desert landscape...everything is shades of brown.
- It's home to the oldest home and the oldest church in the USA
- Average annual temperatures range from 85-20F, and it's extremely dry
- A 45-minute drive will get you to a ski resort
We've absolutely loved the beautiful mountain hikes within 20 minutes from our home.
The Independence Day "Pancakes on the Plaza" felt like a big block party!
It's only a 6-hour drive to Tober (my parents' cabin) so we have been able to go up there a few weekends to help out with projects and enjoy mountain-living! We can't get enough of Tober - it's magical up there and we absolutely love it!!!
I've had time to explore some culinary skills like making apricot leather.
We just returned from the Christensen family reunion up at Tober. It was so fun to see everyone! The grand-kids are a riot, Grandpa Peter taught everyone how to fish, we had Wilderness Olympics and we laughed until our sides ached!
Most of all - we have enjoyed time with SummerGirl! She turned 8-months old today and is the highlight of our lives. She'll give you a handshake, she loves peek-a-boo, she smiles all the time, has 5 teeth, loves swimming, and has a hay-day with any food she can get her hands on. We get to say goodbye to her harness on Saturday and I couldn't be more excited!
Anyway, that's what we've been up to this month. We love you all & hope to stay in better touch!
Always,
Britt, Elias, & SummerGirl

10 comments:
I'm so glad we can better follow you (although we should call!) we miss you guys!
Once a month is totally awesome! I'll take what I can get! Such great family pictures at Tober. :) Summer is darling with that football and her daddy. Love you guys!
Hurray for blogs!! I love this, great idea! I wish everyone had a blog, because like you, we move around a lot and it is so fun to be able to keep up with old friends through pictures and stories. Hope you guys are loving Santa Fe!! Excited to see you in two months!
Yay britt!!!!! I never know what's going on with you guys cause out husbands are horrible at keeping in touch! Summer is beautiful and I can't wait for our little girls to be friends! My goal is to get my blog going again also... Hopefully sooner than later! Miss you guys! Xoxox
nThank you! Thank you! Love it, love you. We miss you guys and need to plsn our next time to see you and to hold our sweet Summer.
Hooray for joining the blogging world! We miss you guys like crazy and are so happy we can stay in touch this way. I can't wait to see what comes next month from New Zealand! I can't wait to hear about the apricot leather, we may need to have a cooking day as soon as you get back! So glad to see that all is well!
yay - so glad you are doing this! i can't wait to follow your adventures .. especially once you make it to my old stomping grounds :)
i miss you and our date nights!
xoxo
Annnnnnd you're back! Holler! So great to read an update! More pictures next time. When do you get back to San Francisco? We might be driving back up there on our way home the second weekend in September. xoxoox
Hooray for blogs! We just recently started updating ours again...kinda. Santa Fe! We thought about moving there a few years ago, checked it out; it's a really neat place. Maybe we'll have to road trip it down there and see you guys sometime. We have friends in Clovis and know a family that is just moving from Clovis to Santa Fe. Maybe you'll run into them, they Christiansons. Your little girl is beautiful! Whenever you're back up Denver way, let us know!!
L O V E it!! I don't know how we are friends, you are way too cool for me.
Post a Comment