July 2026

 Dear friend, 

We packed a lot into July.  It started off with a family trip to Rhode Island.  We enjoyed a rail trail, car museum, farmer's market, ocean walk, family games, lots of time at the beach and a trip out to Block Island.  

We drove home just in time to drive up to New Canaan for the Fourth of July fireworks with friends.  Unfortunately about 5 minutes into the show a huge storm rolled in and we all got drenched running to our cars.  It was memorable though!
Two days later the kids and I headed out to Maryland where we got to meet up with Mary and her family.

Then it was on to Corie's house to begin our week at Barefoot Theater. She had over forty kids in the play "The Music Man" and it was fun to watch the magic happen. Thank you Corie! 

From there we drove home and two days later we all headed off again.  Summer went to MA for EFY, Elias and the boys went to NH for an epic hiking adventure on the Appilachian Trail, and Joy, Rose and I stayed here for a week of theater camp of "Alice in Wonderland".  Joy played the part of Alice and Rose was the rose.  
Two days later we departed for Utah.  Elias had to stay in NYC for work but he joined us a few days later.  
We were able to stop at some church history sites along the way.  
We got to spend a few days with Gram before the family reunion started and meet up with our friends the Thompsons.  
Then the Erickson family reunion began.  Everyone was there except Elder Jake Erickson.  We had a wonderful time.  
Elias had to stay and work in UT for a few days but the kids and I drove out to Colorado.  The boys had cousins camp at Tober with Nana and Grandpa Peter and the girls and I enjoyed a girls retreat in Lakewood with my sisters and their kids.  
Elias then joined us as the Christensen reunion began.  We were blessed to have everyone there except Reese.  Hannah and Tanner were in charge and we had a blast.  
I am humbled by how absolutely wonderful Joy 2026 was.  We are so blessed to have two wonderful extended families who make it a priority to see one another even though we live far apart.  I'm grateful for Elias' job and the flexibility it provides.  I'm insanely grateful for this little family of ours and the wonderful memories we get to make together.  I'm grateful for an understanding of God's plan of happiness and the rich joy it provides in this life and the next. 
Brittany et al. 

No comments: