Dear friend,
I'm so grateful for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We've had some great experiences and fantastic leaders.Unfortunately both of my beehives were over taken by varroa mites even though I treated for them. I was able to teach a few friends about beekeeping and we taught the young men all about it as we had them harvest the honey as an activity.
I have been training for a 1/2 marathon and so I ran the course a few times this month but on the day I set to formally run it and try to beat my personal record, Elias surprised me by meeting me 1/2 way with a pick-me-up drink and then having all the kids bang pots and pans outside when I arrived home. It was sweet. It's getting colder so I don't know how much running I'll do this winter but I'd like to try to continue to improve my time.
We enjoyed a wonderful Day of the Dead. Our friend Jennifer joined us again and all of the kids gave a report on an ancestor. I'm so grateful we have access to their stories of strength and resilience.

We enjoyed some great family walks this month.
Unfortunately this year Elias' leaf raking activity for the youth fell on the same morning as our Flood of Gratitude so we had to divide and conquer. But it was a wonderful morning of service!
And of course we got to celebrate our darling Summer this month. I can't believe we have an official teenager in the house!
Elias and I were able to sneak away for a date in New York City while the kids were in school. It was a gorgeous day for lunch, a walk around the Christmas markets and and a Broadway matinee.
We hosted Thanksgiving for about 40 people and had a wonderful time. The food was delicious and the company was even better. Smith especially may have over eaten.
And with that, it's time for Christmas! December here we come.
Love you all,
Brittany et al.

No comments:
Post a Comment