Dear friend,
Summer and I kicked off the month of April with a wonderful Erickson Girls Trip in Vegas. We enjoyed a chocolate tasting, the mob museum, good food, America's Got Talent, the Hoover Dam and of course great time with family. We had all the girls in the family there except Jennifer (and Joy and Rose).
Joy and Rose were happy with their Erickson Girl Goodie Bags that Gram sent home with us.
The very next day we hosted our semi-annual youth General Conference brunch.
And the next day we enjoyed a beautiful 90% solar eclipse from our front yard.
We've had fun with family and friends!
My bees swarmed and we were here to witness it and then Elias and I gathered the swarm by hand and re-homed them into a few hive. It was very exciting! So now if the new queen thrives we may have two hives! (Much to our neighbor's dismay.)
Elias and I have enjoyed little date nights. One night we went and saw our friend perform at an open mic night.
We celebrated the Big Man's 40th birthday this month. I snuck him away for a 24-hour date. We enjoyed a full-night's sleep at a hotel and lots of good food. We then came home to celebrate with the kids. He was gifted a sourdough started from a friend and he has made dozens of loaves of bread this month. (For some reason, he like to make them in sets of four loaves.)
A major highlight of the month was our family trip to Pennsylvania. I am slightly obsessed with PA and have been planning this trip for a few years now, so it could have been a month-long but we kept it to a week. It was titled our "On the Shoulders of Giants" Tour with the hopes of helping the kids see how their life is blessed because of those who came before them. As a family we listened to a biography on both Milton Hershey and William Penn before our trip so that helped with context. We squeezed in a few extra stops so I think we did 19 tours or experiences in the week, including: the Priesthood restoration site, Lakawanna Coal Mine, Great Wolf Lodge, Martin Guitar Factory, Candle Creamery, Crayola Experience, Ringing Rocks Park, Herr's Food, Amish Experience, Hershey Story Museum, Hershey Founder's Hall, Pennsylvania State Capitol, Lancaster Central Market, Julius Sturgis Pretzel Factory, Pennsbury Manor.
We were going to work on a farm in Pennsylvania on Saturday but we opted to come home and have the kids work in our own yard so we got a lot of projects done.
The kids competed in their first Spartan of the year. I'm so proud of them. They are getting better every time. I love watching them to hard things!
Love you all,
Brittany et al.








No comments:
Post a Comment