My big kids are growing up and have been really helpful at the park lately.
and she is loving preschool. Rosie and I got to go in a read to the class one day and for a Thanksgiving feast.
Rose continues to love on babies and stuffed animals as well as wear her siblings clothes.
There are definitely moments of tears, say...when Dad walks out of the room. (Don't you love how he tried to preemptively console her by giving her his half-eaten protein bar?)
Or when someone else takes your spot on Mom's lap when all you did was get up to grab a marker, or when Dad (heaven forbid) tried to take the paper off your ice cream cone.
And you better believe these cute moments ended in tears.
The good fits ends with a note like this one.
I walked into this scene after a challenging morning of getting the three big kids on the bus.
And I have to admit, ice skating lessons are not my favorite. They are right at dinner time and the little girls don't have much patience for sitting (not climbing around on) bleachers in a cold arena. In fact, the first lesson was quite a disaster when Rosie fell off a bleacher while I saw trying to put skates on kids, I had to squeeze Smith into Joy's leggings because for some reason he had put on shorts just before we left, Joy got lost in the arena, Smith wouldn't stop eating the ice shavings, and then to top it off, one of them kid peed their pants. Awesome. Needless to say, I will be encouraging sports with "drop-off practices" from here on out.
A major highlight was meeting up with some San Francisco friends for a girls weekend in New York. It was two days of delicious food, three Broadway shows and awesome conversation. Plus I didn't have to carry or clean up anything for over 48 hours! Pure delight!
Many thanks to Elias for making it all possible. He has been working from home a few times a month so I can go to an appointment or run errands during naptime. It's been so wonderful! Plus, his little attic space office that Summer decorated cracks me up.
We enjoyed a few great dates this month, one of which was running a Spartan together on Long Island. I have to laugh at how starry-eyed Elias was when I told him I signed us up. You would have thought I scheduled a romantic weekend getaway. He's a total sucker for my sweat I guess.




We celebrated our dear Summer's birthday. I can't believe our baby girl is eight years old. She was jazzed about her new bike and the celebration week continued as family came for Thanksgiving.
We enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends and family.
Summer made the important decision to be baptized.
Elias wrote and performed such a beautiful song:
You had two small hands that I held in mine
Two baby blue eyes blinking in the light
In that quiet moment, as my whole world changed
I kissed you and this was the promise I made
(Chorus) Summer, I’ll love you forever
All that I have is yours
I’ll remember you always, and each day more
Closer to you I’ll grow
Wherever you’ve been and wherever you go
Summer, with me, you are home
Eight years on, on your baptism day
My sweet girl you’ve grown in amazing ways
My promise has changed me, a better dad for you
Today you made your own promises too, you said
(Chorus) Jesus I’ll love you forever
All that I have is yours
I’ll remember you always, and each day more
Closer to you I’ll grow
Wherever I’ve been and wherever you go
Jesus, with you, I am home
Each promise we make, each promise we keep
Changes us to what God wants us to be
As you try your best to do all you should do
Always remember his promise you to
He says
(Chorus) Summer, I’ll love you forever
All that I have is yours
I’ll remember you always, and each day more
Closer to you I’ll grow
Wherever you’ve been and wherever you go
Summer, with me, you are home
It was a wonderful weekend celebrating our darling Summer and her decision to be baptized.
And now, on to December!
Love you all,
Brittany et al.












































No comments:
Post a Comment