November feels like forever ago. Let's just start with how much I love this guy! I just heard Andy Grammer's song, "Smoke Clears" and burst into tears. I dedicate that song to Elias. He's my best friend, my partner and my hott, hott hubby! (He's not going to be thrilled about this picture on here, but a few times a week Joy will hand me my phone and demand "Dada". If he can't FaceTime her for a minute, he will often send a pic and this is one of them.)
His girls are crazy about him.
(In fact Joy is sitting on my lap right now and freaking out, yelling "Dada" every time she sees his picture.) He took Summer on a daddy-daughter ice skating date with her school and she was in heaven.
His boys are crazy about him too. In fact, their game of choice lately is dressing up and then sending him a picture to make him guess who is who.
We enjoyed going to the Albuquerque temple this month. We read the kids a quote about how even touching the outside of the temple can bring the power of the savior into their lives, so now they always want to touch it.
After putting Joy down for a nap one day, I was taking care of some church stuff when my boys came in and asked to cuddle with me. I loved it.
Joy and I joined Summer for a Thanksgiving lunch at her school.
Joy has a serious sweet tooth.
The following week all the kids and I got to go celebrate Summer's birthday with her at school.
It was fun to see her around all her classmates.
The side effects of raising our kids in New Mexico continue to amaze me. While most little girls add rainbows or flowers to make things cute, Summer adds red chilies or "Dia de Los Muertos" masks.
We continue to enjoy dance parties,
gymnastics,
building forts,
playing on the bar,
and riding our bikes to the park.
Joy continues to be a delightful little buddy to have with me throughout the day.
One Saturday we told the kids that if everyone got their work done we would take them swimming. When we arrived we found out the pool was closed so we came home and improvised with a shaving cream party.

We enjoyed a wonderful family reunion with my entire family at Corie's house.
It's such a blast having so many cousins!
The kids had a ball
playing together,
having dance parties,
painting,
eating,
celebrating Summer's birthday
and Thanksgiving.
The family olympics were a riot and
good times were had by all.
From Las Vegas, we headed over to Scottsdale where Elias had a four-day work conference.
This is the third time the kids and I have joined him for this conference
so we went to some of our favorite places.
We loved visiting the temple
We had a blast at the train park and museum,
and Joy loved the carousel...until it ended.
We rode horses
and went to the petting zoo.
At night we enjoyed pool time with Daddy
and pudding in the tub.
We spent a wonderful day with my Grandmother. I knew I was out of my league painting the town with four kids, and my 92 year-old grandmother while six months pregnant.
So I shamelessly bribed the kiddos every step of the way and we successfully enjoyed time at the nursing home, lunch with family, an hour at the park and a trip to the movie theater to see "Coco".
We somehow made it through without any meltdowns and we had a fantastic time.
We sure love you Grandmother!
Love you all,Brittany et al.
1 comment:
Always love reading about your adventures! That baby Joy is at such a fun age! :) Can't wait to see you guys!
Post a Comment