This month came and went in one breath. It was filled with lots of books,
forts,
cuddles,
pretending,
bathtimes,
and even a little home decorating.
Elias had a business trip in Phoenix and since we have family there, the kids and I decided to join him. We drove down over the weekend so we could enjoy a little time together. All things considered, the kids did really well in the car. We stopped half way to have a little picnic.
We spent one night with Elias' sister and her husband Tim in their beautiful home.
We even overlapped with my parents for a few hours while we visited my Mom's sister and mother.
The kiddos were thrilled to see Nana Toby & Grandpa Peter.
Elias was busy with the conference, but that didn't slow me and the kids down! We enjoyed the hotel's splash pad,
went out to eat with my aunt and uncle,
and went to a petting zoo
where Summer rode a horse for the first time,
and Boyd & Smith "baa"ed with the best of them.
We enjoyed the hotel room,
explored the hotel room,
and spent a morning with my Grandmother and had lunch with her in her new digs!
On the way to breakfast each morning we would pass by a statue of a Native mother with a little girl holding on to her leg and a baby in her papoose. Summer deemed it "our statue", stating I was just like the warrior mother. I took some pride in that.
A few ladies at my church and I started a little preschool co-op. It's only for two hours twice a week, but Summer absolutely loves it.
One morning Summer came out of her room wearing all black, adorned with a headband and Great-Grandma Jean's clip-on earrings and asked, "Do I have any black panties?" "No" I responded, "will purple do?" "Not really" she said, "I'm a rockstar!"
She was so proud of herself that she just stared in the mirror for a moment. I just had to take a picture of how pleased she looked. I hope she always (humbly) sees such beauty and worth when she looks at herself.
The boys have hit a new level of mischief. They love wearing their hats and shoes...which means I can never find their hats and shoes. They are such happy boys, but seem to leave a wake of destruction wherever they go.
They constantly amaze me with their creativity and ingenuity, but I think the hardest battles to fight are Boyd's ability to take off his pants and diaper,
and Smith's obsession with the toilet. Please wish us luck as we fight these constant uphill battles!
They both feel confident wandering off at the library now. Luckily I can usually find them at the computer.
One of my favorite moments this month came on a Saturday morning when Summer talked Elias into painting her nails for the first time. He aimed high and promised her multi-colored polk-a-dots. What began with such glee, quickly turned to tears as Elias' big fingers tried to control that little brush on tiny fingernails that would not stop moving. It was a dramatic experience for everyone involved, but the nails turned out beautifully. I'm so grateful I was able to witness the emotional roller coaster between father and daughter. I could not stop laughing!
Feeding three kids, three healthy meals a day sometimes gets a little monotonous. Luckily Sumer is willing to help every once in a while. This is how it looks when she helps.
This is how it looks when Elias does it.
And how Elias does dessert.
Our darling little Summer-Girl turned three on the 25th. I can't believe how much she has grown and we are so grateful to have her in our lives. She loves dressing up like a ballerina or princess, and she loves crafting. This girl can work miracles with some glitter glue and googly eyes. She has such a sweet heart and is sensitive to the spirit. We love you so much Summer. Happy birthday sweet girl.
We were thrilled to be joined by our dear friends, the Coxes for Thanksgiving! We were blessed to get to know Morgan and Katie at business school.
They are such and incredible couple and we were excited to meet little Ethan who is just one month younger than Boyd & Smith. These three were a riot together.
In addition to a delicious thanksgiving meal with way too much food, we enjoyed a gorgeous hike through tent rocks,
and a stroll through the plaza during the holiday festivities.
December here we come!
Love you all and wish you a very merry Christmas!
Always,Elias, Brittany, Summer, Boyd & Smith























2 comments:
This was so fun to read!! What amazing kids, parents, and activities. I just wish I could come parade around with you and take in a piece of your life. Can't wait to see you soon! xoxo
So fun! I hear you about the month of November, but let me tell you, you accomplished far more than I did last month! Look at those darling, healthy, happy kids! I miss them! Can't wait to see you later this month:)
xx
Post a Comment